Metal bending, plating, coating, and final product assembly are key parts of ICEE’s complete fabrication process. All our services are delivered with exceptional precision and reliability, and are aimed to reduce lead times and cost for our clients. This is achieved through the use of state of the art production machines, the latest technology and lean fabrication practise. Whether you’re looking for bending, plating, or assembly, all our services are available as a standalone process, in combination with another service, or as part of our total end-to-end fabrication package.
Metal bending can be a complex process, but not to our state of the art CNC press brake machines. From small and simple to giant four-metre folds on plate material, ICEE offers its clients high quality bending that delivers exceptional precision, reliability, and productivity, with dramatically reduced set-up and lead times.
Our metal bending services
Our metal bending service is available as a single process, in combination with other fabrication services, or as part of a total end-to-end fabrication package, meaning that we can virtually manufacture any metal enclosure or product you want, as well as provide you with all subsequent services, including installation, commissioning, maintenance and more.
Some of the many features and benefits that our bending service includes are:
- Design optimisation – we work closely with customers to optimise the design of folded components, aiming to enhance functional performance, and minimise cost
- Knowledge and experience – our qualified design team and highly experienced press brake operators guarantee accuracy, efficiency, and fast delivery of the production process
- Flexibility – CNC-based, our machinery set-up and tooling is flexible enough to accommodate any requirements, whether simple or complex
- Large capacity – applying up to 150 tons of pressure on long folds, the bed of our largest brake press will accept up to 4-metre workpieces
- Range of materials – we fold both ferrous metals including stainless steel, mild steel, Zintec and most non-ferrous materials, such as aluminium, copper, brass and more
- No marking or scratching during bending – to eliminate risk of damaging surfaces of high-finish aluminium, stainless steel, and pre-painted materials, we offer ‘Mark-Less’ tooling film protection
- Latest technology – we have invested in advanced machines from Bystronic, one of the world’s top makers of high quality press brake systems
- More than bending – we offer other methods of sheet metal forming including shearing services
Plating, coating & finishing
We know how important it is when investing in valuable assets to ensure that they are protected from damage and their life-span maximised. This is why, here at ICEE, we use the best plating, coating and finishing resources to ensure extreme durability of our products and bring peace of mind to our clients about the safety and longevity of what we supply.
Utmost quality of service
Providing high quality service is of utmost priority to our team, which is why we wanted to establish a fine balance between having some of our plating and coating processes completed in-house and, as appropriate, some performed by high-quality external contractors. In-house or external, we apply the strictest controls and testing to ensure that the customer’s specification is met fully and that the end product is safe, protected, and of high-quality.
Our metal finishing capabilities
We have the ability to process small parts and large assemblies, one-off or in high volume, including on-site work at the customer’s location. Our wide range of metal finishing includes:
- Hot dip galvanising
- Cold galvanic coating
- Powder coating
- Zinc plating
Metal plating is a necessary process that provides many benefits, including things such as improved corrosion resistance, increased solderability, enhanced strength, reduced friction, altered conductivity, increased magnetism and more.
Here at ICEE, as a managed service, we can expertly assemble, test, warehouse, and deliver your products. Our product assembly service is completely flexible and designed to meet your specific needs. We have the capability to assemble products at our premises from free-issues parts you supply us with, or with our own products, fabricated onsite. Based on your specification and supply chain requirements, our experienced in-house purchasing team will also procure and stock any necessary bought-out component parts or equipment.
Our assembly capabilities
Our expert engineers are able to assemble everything from:
- Panel wiring
- Cable assemblies and wiring looms
- Electrical and mechanical assembly
- Power distribution unit assembly
- Highways MCX boxes
- 19” and Etsi Rack builds
- 19” and Etsi Rack furniture
- AC/DC circuity
- As well as provide you with: NICEIC Test and accreditations; Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT); Logistics; Warehouse management; Delivery
There are a number of benefits that you should be aware of when considering whether to have your products assembled by ICEE. These include:
- Flexibility – it’s much easier to make changes and contribute ideas when your products are assembled by a supplier that is close to you, not hundreds or thousands of miles away
- Rapid testing – products will be rapidly tested and submitted to stringent quality controls. We test all prototypes in-house and there is a constant conversation between our design and engineering departments, which means that any issues are quickly resolved and the necessary changes made
- Customisation – quick customisation of products may be easily achieved
- Lower cost – our in-house resources and lean manufacturing mean that low volumes of products also mean low price, while at the same time meeting bespoke demands
- Access to the latest technology – here at ICEE we always invest in the latest technology, which means that our clients have access to state of the art production machinery and test equipment that deliver the highest possible standard of service